Sunday 26 June 2011

Cheltenham Ladies' College is favourable amongst mum and dad

Yes, yes. It's true.
My so thought "last choice" of boarding school is my parent's FIRST.

Well, my opinion's changed slightly because I mean, it is a lovely college and the girls are reallyy nice and all. It's just so...green. I know that their school colour is green, but there really is too much green. Really. Not joking :P

Anyway, I saw my friend, ELLEN, who goes to that school. It was only for a brief second because she had to rush off to a wilderness camp or something like that, but it was a very NICE brief second full of big smiles and frantic(..is frantic the word?) waving. :)

It was really very fun.

Really.

The school didn't have rolling fields of green like the other boarding schools, but the SCHOOL itself was really nice :)

Then there's the fact that the boarding houses are OFF campus which my mum is a little worried about. Then, there is the sports complex that is about a 15 minutes walk (that's far > . <) and the gym like the work out gym in that public sports complex smells disgusting.

Anyway, my mum still loves it because of the really nice atmosphere and the support that the teacher give to the students. I personally think it's okay and the rooms are pretty big and decent but ALL GIRLS. Come on... :(

Anyway, it has risen up in my own personal ranks but I'm a little bit confused about whether I really like any of them or in which particular order.

I'll decide later when I get a plave at all of them :P

HAHAH.

Well, Cheltenham was the last of the boarding schools that I'll visit and it's been hell of a ride. It's been an amazing experience.

Really. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! Sorry to seem stalkerish or something but I stumbled onto your blog by chance and saw your entry on Charterhouse.

    I'm actually planning to apply to C'house for Sixth Form too via Academic Asia and I was wondering if you could possible tell me what the acaedmic requirements are and that jazz!

    That comment about how C'house only interviews those with 85%+ on the maths test kind of scared me. :P May I ask what's the test like? :o

    I'm Audrey by the way, nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIHIHIII Audrey!! :D I don't know if you'll be able to see my comment because you might not check this blog out again, but I'll answer anyway just in case! :)

    I live in Hong Kong too and EURGH. For all the boarding schools, I don't have to apply to them through Academic Asia but for C'House, I do and I'm REALLY NERVOUS!!!

    The last time I took the test, I kind of epic failed it, as I'm sure you've kind of caught on to through reading my posts.

    Are you applying to sixth form this year or next? As in for sixth form in 2012 or...?

    Well. The test (maths, although you have to do an english grammar one too.) was very GCSE style, like GCSE topics, so revise the GCSE syllabus. Grammar is just grammar, like fill in the blanks and you also have to write a personal statement.

    ENGLISH is EASY. MATHS ISN'T. Well, some of my friends who were maths whizzes got FULL MARKS, but I failed it because I'm not a maths whiz. :S

    What school do you go too, Audrey?

    And YOUR REPORTS ARE IMPORTANT. School ones, I mean. I got really good grades for that so I'm okay for that section.

    MATHS A Asia HAS TO BE STUDIED FOR if you're not AMAZING at maths. :)

    PS: I'm Alison. And it's lovely to meet you too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hey, thanks for replying!

    Yeah, HK really kind of sucks. Especially when you study in a local school. I'm guessing you're from an international school?! Lucky!

    I'll be applying for sixth form in 2012, I think you're too? Ahh then we'll be rivals! But LOL no, I don't think I can make it. C'house is like my dream school (well, second to Eton anyway but it's not like I can get in anyway, being a girl and all, LOL) so I'm just applying for the sake of not regretting anything when I'm sixty and knitting a jumper for my cat ahaha.

    Oooh maths! I guess I'm kind of okay at maths, but I've heard that they don't allow the use of calculators and I WOULD MARRY A CALCULATOR IF I COULD.

    AND OH CRAP SCHOOL REPORTS. I was really hoping that they mainly look at your entrance exam results and your interview!! My school reports are pretty average, since everyone is an overachiever. That is, except yours truly.

    I study in this really academic band 1 local english school which I really hate. Those "prestigious" ones which people would kill to send their daughters to. But the teachers are utter crap and can't speak decent english and the only reason why the school gets such good results is because everyone goes to cram schools/tutorial centres (except me because I'm lazy). :P

    Thanks for all the info!! Do you possibly have msn or something? :o Email would be great too! It's actually really nice to meet someone from HK who can actually speak English and knows about British public schools! My classmates don't even know about Eton. SRSLY THAT SHOULD BE A CRIME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAH! Local school??? OF COURSE YOU'LL ACE THE MATHS TEST!!! ARE YOU KIDDING???

    Wait. There are loads of things I'd like to talk to you about!

    Skype: somethingtodowithguitar
    Email: alisalami1996@gmail.com

    Psh. Yeah. I know. Horrible email. BUT WHATEVS.

    Heh. Competition. :P

    And yes. Not knowing about Eton SHOULD be a crime.

    ReplyDelete