Monday 20 June 2011

Malvern College and House no.8 and more dessert

Hi there ;)
How was YOUR day? :D

So basically, I went to visit Malvern College today. Ok. So..6 hours of a train. That CANNOT be healthy. HAHA. Lalala. Okay. So I'm going to talk about about the school and then compare it to Charterhouse.

Okay. First of all, Malvern is about a few hundred some years old and when I first saw Malvern, I was amazed by the stone floor and the amazing landscape of rolling, irridescent greenery. It was like a typical boarding school, but on a massive scope. It was really quite big.

Then I met the registrar who grilled me for about an hour. Why?? I wasn't under the impression that I was supposed to be interviewed!!! I didn't prepare for it AT ALL. Luckily I kind of new what to say. That's me. Winging everything that comes my way...haha.

Then after all the interviews and stuff my family and I were given a tour of one of the girl's houses. This was House number 8 and the gardens were ridiculously big. The rooms weren't as nice as Charterhouse though... Pretty dismal and they have to share showers too. It's not ideal but still it was clean and it does have the potential to be homey. The lobbey and basement and gardens ARE really nice though and the houses look amazing from the outside. Really old and castle-y. It's great. :) The buildings are quite nice, the main school especially. I think that it's quite nice though.

Then I had lunch with a couple of the girls in that house. It was really nice. There was curry, REALLY big grains of rice, naan bread and jelly and a banana to top it all off. It was really nice. The girls there were really nice. What WAS funny though was that on my table, there was a girl from the Philippines, Shanghai, two from France, one from Spain and only one from England. STRANGE right?? I mean, in Charterhouse, EVERYONE was English and there were only 5 to 10 Asians in the entire school and here it's like a majorly international place brimming with Asians and such.

So then I talked to the head of 6th form who grilled me for about 45 minutes on subject choices and future careers and stuff and the whole time I was like...what??? I don't know. But OH WELL. :)
Then it was back on the train for another 3 hours and then a cab back home and I just had a lovely dinner of duck, gravy and new potatoes, but DESSERT was the best part! :D

It was...

Rasberry vanilla cheesecake, with a biscuit bottom, loads of rasberries, blueberries, strawberries and served in a cup. I don't have an exact picture, but it looked something like this..

Ok. No I can't find a picture. K. Bye!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment