Sunday 19 June 2011

Of Brick Lane (The Movie), Brocas Close, Curly Wurly Cake and Boarding Schools

So. As you can judge from the title, alot of things have been happening.

First of all, this was longer ago, and before the previous post which was about my reports, my English teacher was away and he had set up a class plan. This class plan was to continue watching Brick Lane the Movie which we had started watching in the previous class. Basically, we were ablet o watch about 30 minutes in the previous class and it actually wasn't too bad. I was like, yeah, I could do this. THEN the sub teacher put on the movie and I was about 20 minutes into it before I started squirming. Then, the squirm turned into sitting on my uncomfortable plastic chair in different ways, trying to find the most comfortable way of sitting, then I just got fed up and stole the teacher's chair and then lastly,ecause I simply couldn't take any more of it, I slept.

SERIOUSLY. To the movie makers of Brick Lane: I appreciate that you cut out the 200 pages of Nazneen cooking and cleaning, but you could have had a better cast. The only good actors on the show were Karim and Chanu and maybe, Shahana. HOWEVER. Despite the fact that you cut out 200 pages of cooking an cleaning, it was still rather horrible. I FELL ASLEEP. I actually nearly cried because it was so damn BORING. However, you aren't to blame. To be quite frank actually, you did the best you could with the most horrible book in the history of the universe so hats off to you.

OK. Now my rant's over. I'd like to tell you about the present. :)

So. I'm in my cousin's house on his tinyyyy laptop typing this entry while trying to write my book @ tehe same time. BASICALLY. The house is in Brocas Close, hence the second part of the title. My family has the house right next door so I'll be going there some time later to sleep and shower and stuff. Yeah. So anyway. My cousin, uncle and sister are making this huge ass crane truck lego thing that my cousin gave my uncle for father's day. It really is very awesome. :)

So I'm in London right now and I just had dinner about half an hour ago and that brings us to the third part of this blog entry's. THE CURLY WURLY Cake. So. What is a Curly Wurly Cake?

<---Yeah. That's it. Go on. Drool :) It's chocolate cake with Vanilla Bean Icing. It really is very yummy.






NOTE the curly wurlys on the top of the cake :D


So anyway.... :)

The cake was amazing, but kinda sweet. Had to drink 2 glasses of water after. haha. :)

OK. Lastly, before I go writing my book again. I'm going to talk about boarding school. So. I visited Charterhouse yesterday and let me just tell you. It was PROPERLY AMAZING. 200 acres of pure awesomeness. First of all, it's steeped in RICH RICH history. It's frickin 400 years old and they have fireplaces in the common rooms and the dining hall looked like the Great Hall from Harry Potter. OH but that's not the best part. The music hall looks like the bloody CHAMBER OF SECRETS and it's amazing. People there are really nice and there is soo much to do. Tennis, swimming cricket, frolicing in the rolling green pastures that are ridiculously abundant in number in this lovely school :) DEFINITELY my first choice.

2 problems though. They don't offer chinese as a second lanugage which would mean that I would have to learn Italian. From scratch D: THEN there is also the fact that IB will only be introduced next year so I will be the second year so it's a little bit of a risk going there.

http://www.charterhouse.org.uk/     <----Check out their webiste. DO IT NOW. The school looks like HOGWARTS ok???? :)))

Well...I guess that brings me to a close.

Visiting Malvern College tomorrow.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY and yeah. I'll be writing my book now....if I can be bothered. MAJOR writer's block or rather, lacking passion... :( NEED that vibe!!!

Any suggestions for how I can get over writer's block or just general comments? Hit the comment button below and tell me! :)

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment