Thursday 23 June 2011

Umbrellas @ Sevenoaks

Hallo! :D

So today, I visited the elitest boarding school of all boarding schools. Well, IB anyways. As you could probs have guessed from the title, YES! It's Sevenoaks School.

Now I can tell straight off from the start that I was quite intimidated by coming to this school.  I mean,  this is Sevenoaks. So many urban myths (or probably not so urban) that go something like "Oh, Sevenoaks only takes the top 1% of Hong Kong's brightest" or something like that. You know, Sevenoaks has a MASSIVE reputation and EVERYONE wants to go. It's like. You get in, and it's almost like a guaranteed place at Oxbridge you know?

Here's an analogy for you English fans. :P

Sevenoaks is to Boarding Schools reputations, what Oxbridge is to University reputations.

You know? It's like that elite. It may not be one of those RIDICULOUSLY FAMOUS public schools like Eton, Charterhouse, Harrow and all those, but it still has HELL of a reputation.

But yeah. I met with the head of the Girl's International House, which is the 6th form boarding house for girls at Sevenoaks and it was really nice. :) My mum didn't like it much, although goodness knows why!! It's probably because my mum really is biased towards rooms that don't have showers. I mean, the rooms themselves were amazing, but unlike Charterhouse, they didn't have their own showers and stuff. Oh well. I mean, the showers were really clean and really not that bad :)

They had guitar hero in the common rooms! :DDD

Pfft. Don't look at me like that. Guitar Hero counts for a lot, ok?

So anyway. After a tour of the school which was quite nice, but not as nice as Charterhouse, I had a meeting with Mr. Waldron. Again, I don't know if that's how you spell it, but that's what it sounded like. :P

And he told me about the admissions process and the entrance exams and everything. You know, the way these entrance exams are set out, where the questions are built to test your academic potential and aren't just straight forward answers might really suit me! :D You know, I actually might have a chance!!

Well. I mean, I don't want to kid myself. BUT I really might have a chance. I just really have to work on my maths for the numeracy test (WHY??? :( Do they WANT to make my life miserable??) and I'll  be good. I can pretty much wing the rest because they'll all be in subjects that I'm pretty good at to say the least ;)

Anyway, It kind of rained on and off. REALLY heavily and then drizzling, then not. Then REALLY heavy, then not and so on...

Okay. I can't really concentrate on this blog entry because I'm watching Little Shop of Horrors so I'm going to end this entry here by saying that I'll definitely be doing some maths and hopefully I'lol be able to get into Sevenoaks.

Oh. AND PS: There's this academic agency in Hong Kong that apparently does entries to all these elite schools like Charterhouse and Sevenoaks and stuff and my mum just got an email saying that they want me to take the maths test there as soon as I get back to Hong Kong. Now. Last time I gor 31% or something like that so I'm not exactly keen on doing it again but I have to do it for Charterhouse. :( Sevenoaks they asked me to apply directly to them, but Charterhouse is strictly Academic Asia and if I don't at least get 85% or over, they won't even give me an interview with them which would SUCK. Like. REALLY. So I have to REALLY study while I'm here in London. Eurgh..Fun..

Okay. Gonna go now.

No boarding school visits tomorrow so that's all good. Time to do maths. HAHA. I hope. :P

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment