Sunday 26 June 2011

I'm a "must have" at Wellington College

Ok. So I've kind of gotten a tad bit tired of writing these boarding school entries so I'm just going to be very brief.

Basically, I visited Wellington College with quite an open mind because last september, I was interviewed by the registrar of Wellington College at the Island Shangri-la Hotel in Hong Kong and I really liked him. Really nice, people was because they were there either for an academic scholarship interview or a music schorlarship performance AND the interview.

Guess what?? I tried for the music scholarship.

I don't know. I thought that I pretty much nailed the interview, but I have to say, the actual playing was a little less to be desired. I mean, I think my piano playing was pretty darn good but the violin was kind of crap...Then there were the Aural tests that went pretty well except that when the auditioner, Mr. Williamson, played a note and asked me what note it was I said F sharp when it was an A. :S Yeah I know. That's really bad. BUT yeah...

ANYWAY. I saw the school. The grounds are really nice, really close to the train station, the common rooms are gorgeous, but the rooms are TINY. :( YEAH. They are like..CUBIBLE tiny.

They're THAT SMALL.

REALLY.

Anywayyy. At the end of the tour, I talked to guess who?? None other than the registrar and my mum was like: Oh hi there! We met you in Hong Kong last September!

And I was like...oh yeahhhh...I remember now. Music scholarship..oh hell no..I hope he doesn't criticise me and say my playing was really crap because the competition was way keen. I heard other Hong Kong kids play and they were amazing.

BUT NO.

He said. OMG! (Well, not quite like that) Are you the really good pianist?

And I was like..yeah...? :P

Then he flips through his registrar file and says: Come over here.

And I'm like flipping out on the inside as I walk over.

I look at the page he points too and there my name is with the BEST COMMENT ever. It sayssss: Brilliant student. Vibrant, shows lots of potential. A must have.

I was like...HOLY CRAP!!! :DDD I nearly did the happy dance that I did when I found out that I got a 7 for science. But I didn't of course. :P

I mean, Wellington College is no sevenoaks, but it is still a VERYY well known boarding school here in England.

Anyway, he showed me THIS year's exam papers (the one I'll be doing) ;) and they were actually pretty easy. He says that he's not really supposed to show me them but I've pretty much got the place anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Then at the end of it all he goes: Do you want to try for the music scholarship again, because I talked to Mr. Williamson last time and he really was very pleased with your playing. You have a VERY good chance of getting the scholarship.

So then, my impulsive sort of character came in and I was like.."Yeah. Sure. Why not?" HAHA

So yeah....I've pretty got that College nailed down.

WITH a music scholarship too. Pretty damn awesome huh ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment