Thursday 2 June 2011

The Ian Somerhalder Foundation and Homework

Hey. :)

So I'm doing my homework right now (which I have  RIDICULOUS tonne of because my teachers thought they'd be reallyyy nice and push deadlines further and further back until EVERYTHING is due in the last few weeks of school. Hmm..gotta love my teachers because now I'm DROWNING in homework) and I was thinking that I probably wasn't going to have any time to blog today. But then I was thinking, you know what? Blogging only takes a few minutes and it really wouldn't be doing all my @isf_hongkong followers any justice if I didn't so I was like, "screw homework and geography reports, I'll do this first." So yeah. That's what I'm doing right now.

Anyway. To all you awesome ISF people following me, I LOVE YOU. Really. I do. You guys are so amazing and just the passion and the drive that you all have to try and save this environment really, really shows. :) You know, it all starts off with the little things, like telling your friends to recycle. Or just car pooling with someone, or having a bake sale at school to help raise money for a conservation organisation. It's all these little things that grow and grow.

Most importantly though, I really want to thank Ian Somerhalder for giving us, dare I say it, slightlyy smaller people a voice. He's really inspired me and SOOO many people across the GLOBE to really start to care about the environment, to really spark up a passion in youth, the future generation, to do something about this beautiful earth that we're destroying. It's amazing. Really.

Next off, I'd like to thank Kim Klingler for really making the Ian Somerhalder Foundation a reality. Really. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

I'm in my first year at high school and already, do I feel this spark of passion, this sort of...purpose, you know? This drive that really makes me want to do something. Saving the environment is so detrimental to our survival, it's INSANE. I mean, it's a no-brainer right? No earth, no us.

So thank you, ISF family, and to Devon Haas, for being an inspiration to us all.

Back to homework :P




Feel free to donate:  http://www.isfoundation.com/give
and http://www.conservation.org/give/Pages/donate.aspx too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment